After a long gestation Rainbow For Africa UK has formalized the collaboration with the
School of Medicine of Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST), Kakamega, Western Kenya;
The areas of collaboration identified and included in the signed Memorandum of
Understanding for the years to come are:
- Medical Education
- Community outreaches for screening and surveillance of diseases with MMUST students and faculty
- Research in health
- Student and Faculty exchange
- Technology in Health and Telemedicine/Skills Laboratory/Simulation
- Medical Technology Transfer
- Donate Medical equipment for purposes of student education and patient screening
- Climate change and Health
- Mental Health
- Infectious Diseases
Among the objective of the partnership the first project to hit the road running is the
Maternal and Child Project involving providing free ultrasound to expectant mothers in
Kakamega Country, to support a collaborative effort to tackle maternal and infant
mortality in the region.
Rainbow For Africa UK joins the UK chapter of KUKHA!
KUKHA (Kenya UK Health Alliance) is the alliance established resulting from the
signing of a MoU between the UK and Kenyan governments for bilateral
cooperation in the area of Healthcare.
Rainbow For Africa UK had the pleasure of presenting our recently launched Free
Maternal Ultrasound Program in Western Kenya at the KUKHA East African Summit
in Nairobi, Kenya, in front of the UK and Kenya chapters of KUKHA. Find further
information following the link below!